Let Us Be People Who Truly Care!

Fritz Kreisler (1875-1962) was one of the greatest and most skillful violinists of all time. Although he could have commanded the highest fees, he refused to do so. And because of that selfless mindset, he never became rich.

Kreisler himself once said,
I never look upon the money I earn as my own. It is public money. It is only a fund entrusted to my care for proper disbursement I am constantly endeavoring to reduce my needs to the minimum. In all these years of my so-called success in music, we have not built a home for ourselves. Between it and us stand all the homeless in the world!
Some questions we might ask ourselves are, “Are we as concerned as Fritz Kreisler was about people who are hungry and homeless?"

Do we really care about people who need the "Bread of Life" (John 6:35) — those who will have no eternal home unless they hear, believe, and obey the gospel? (Romans 10:17; John 8:24; Romans 6:16-17).

Beloved, let us be thankful for all of the blessings that God has given to us, both temporal and spiritual (James 1:17; Ephesians 1:3).

And let us be people who truly care, for God cares for us (1 Peter 5:7).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments