God Can Use Our Defects For His Glory!

When God called Moses to lead His people, Moses began to make excuses. “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue” (Exodus 4:10).

The wording suggests that Moses had a speech impediment — it’s been suggested that he stuttered. But the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord?” (Exodus 4:11).

God uses every one of our impairments, disabilities, and handicaps for His own glory. God’s way of dealing with what we call “limitations” is not to remove them but to endow them with strength and use them for good (John 9:1-3; John 11:1-4).

In the New Testament, Paul the apostle referred to an unspecified “thorn in the flesh” that he repeatedly asked the Lord to take from him (2 Corinthians 12:7-8). But God said, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Paul even learned to “take pleasure” in his troubles. “Most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me,” he said (2 Corinthians 12:9). “For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10).

Beloved, we should praise God, knowing that He can use our defects for His glory!

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments