A Mother's Prayer

"You must get many prayers, dear God,
That take up all your time,
But I hope some way or other
You’ll hear and answer mine.

I always say a prayer, dear God
To you, when things go wrong,
Please help me in my weakness,
Please help me to be strong.

Please give me confidence every day,
To do the things I should,
For my Husband and my family,
And help me to be good.

Please see my children through their ills,
And dry up any tears,
Always please be with them,
And see them through their years.

And when they have to leave the nest,
And go their separate ways,
Please help them, guide them, keep them safe,
Don’t let them go astray.

But if they should have bad times,
Please teach them how to smile,
Just give them all the strength to know
That life is still worthwhile.

You must get many prayers, dear God,
That take up all your time,
But I know some way or other
You’ll hear and answer mine,

Because dear God, you always have,
To help these lives we live,
And if some times I forget to thank you,
Dear God up above, Please forgive." Margaret Lemmon

P.S. ...... Also note Hannah’s Prayer in 1 Samuel 1; 1 Samuel 2:1-11.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments