God Simplifies, Man Complicates

My fellow laborer in Christ, Richard Mansel, has written an excellent article, regarding the fact that "God simplifies, man complicates." We ask, "Why does man have to complicate things?" The easy answer is because of pride and ego (Obadiah 1:1-4; Genesis 11:1-4).

Somehow, man erroneously thinks that he is on equal footing with God in the intelligence department, and that he has a far better answer than God when it comes to solving the multiple problems we face in life.

Job quickly found out that he was no equal to God's intelligence or creative ability (Job 38-39).

Job realized his inadequacy, when God stated:

"......the Lord answered Job, and said: "Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it."

Job humbly replied:

"Behold, I am vile; What shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth. Once I have spoken, but I will not answer. Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further" (Job 40:3-5). 

Former Supreme Court Justice, Oliver Wendell Holmes once stated, “The greatest act of faith is when a man decides that he is not God” (see article).

Beloved, let us humbly take care of the business that God has assigned us to do, without complication (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16), and He will more than adequately take care of His responsibility (1 Corinthians 3:5-7; cf. Acts 2:46-47).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments