A Good Worship Strategy

The Lord’s stinging rebuke to His people through the prophet Malachi was, “I have no pleasure in you” (Malachi 1:10). God was angry with their careless, shoddy methods of worship. The animals they brought for sacrifice were not acceptable to Him because they were not the best of the herds and flocks. Instead, they offered stolen, lame, and sick animals (Malachi 1:13).

While we may not be showing this degree of contempt toward God, sometimes we are too casual in our worship. One sister in Christ made this observation about herself:
When I shop for simple things like soap or butter, I hardly think about it. But when I’m looking for a blouse to match a skirt, I shop very carefully. I go from store to store until I find exactly what I’m looking for.” Then she added thoughtfully, “I should pay that same close attention when I am worshiping God. But sometimes I approach Him as casually as if I were shopping for a box of Kleenex.
During worship services, we may fail to give God our full attention. We rush in late. Our thoughts wander.

A good worship strategy would be to discipline our minds so that we are not focusing on yesterday’s cares or tomorrow’s responsibilities.

At the heart of worship is worship from the heart. When we worship the Lord with all our heart, He will be pleased with us (John 4:23-24).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments