I’d rather teach a little child
To do his duty well,
Than to have the finest medal known
Pinned on my coat lapel.
I’d rather help a little child
To overcome his fear,
Than to be a hero in a book,
Though lauded far and near.
I’d rather hold a little child
Securely by the hand,
When he needs confidence and hope,
Than to possess the land.
I’d rather save a little child
A few sad, bitter tears,
Than have a lot of fancy things
That fade with passing years.
I’d rather cause a little child
To wear a happy smile,
Than wear the finest clothes myself
Or keep the latest style.
I’d rather help a boy or girl
To keep the path that’s straight,
Than hear ten thousand voices
Shout my name among the great. —Author Unknown
—Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets
To do his duty well,
Than to have the finest medal known
Pinned on my coat lapel.
I’d rather help a little child
To overcome his fear,
Than to be a hero in a book,
Though lauded far and near.
I’d rather hold a little child
Securely by the hand,
When he needs confidence and hope,
Than to possess the land.
I’d rather save a little child
A few sad, bitter tears,
Than have a lot of fancy things
That fade with passing years.
I’d rather cause a little child
To wear a happy smile,
Than wear the finest clothes myself
Or keep the latest style.
I’d rather help a boy or girl
To keep the path that’s straight,
Than hear ten thousand voices
Shout my name among the great. —Author Unknown
—Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments
Post a Comment