Only One Type Of Christian

It’s been said that there are two types of people in the world: Those who come into a room and say, “Here I am!” and those who come in and say, “Ah, there you are!

How different are those two approaches! One says, “Look at me! I need attention”; the other says, “Tell me about yourself.” One says, “I’m important”; the other says, “You are important.” One says, “The world revolves around me”; the other says, “I’m here to serve you.”

Wouldn’t it be great to be known as that second kind of person — someone others love to have around? Someone who displays the love of Christ openly and unashamedly?

The New Testament gives us some practical suggestions about becoming the kind of person who demonstrates Christ’s love. We are told to "give preference to one another" (Romans 12:10), "edify one another" (Romans 14:19), "care for one another" (1 Corinthians 12:25), "serve one another" (Galatians 5:13), "bear one another’s burdens" (Galatians 6:2), "forgive one another" (Colossians 3:13), "comfort one another" (1 Thessalonians 5:11), and "pray for one another" (James 5:16).

Dear reader, there should be only one type of Christian: the “love one another” type (1 John 4:11).

Remember that people with a heart for God, have a heart for people (Matthew 22:37-40).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments