Some Practical Rules For Happier Living

Everyone wants to be happy, but many fail in their quest to find that elusive prize because they are looking in the wrong places. In Proverbs 16:20, the Proverb writer tells us, “Whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.” And Psalm 146:5 KJV indicates that happiness comes to those who find their help and hope in God.

The foundation for happiness is a proper relationship with the Lord. However, in order for us to fully experience that happiness, we must build on that foundation in practical ways. Here is a list of some practical rules along with related Scriptures for happier living:


Undergird each of the above rules with praise, and our happiness will be complete:

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being” (Psalm 146:1-2 NASB).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments