A Highly Recommended Self-Improvement Course

When I was still in my teen years, my father thought I needed a self-improvement course to assist me in "coming out" of my introvert shell. He paid for me to attend a Dale Carnegie Course, which was conducted in a city not far from where we lived. As I recall, the course lasted sixteen weeks, consisting of two hour sessions which were conducted during the evening hours.

Today, the Dale Carnegie Course consists of an 8-week, 3.5 hour training session, which focuses on the following eight areas of self-improvement for an individual:

(1) Increase professional self-confidence; (2) Improve active listening skills; (3) Gain enthusiastic cooperation from others; (4) Sell ideas and concepts; (5) Reduce stress, worry and fear; (6) Manage and deal with change; (7) Enhance communication skills; (8) Have a more positive outlook.

The course instills the following 5 Drivers of Success: (1) Self Confidence; (2) Communication; (3) People Skills; (4) Leadership; (5) Worry and Stress. Note: Please click on each heading link to see comments by individuals who completed the course.

During the course that I took, there was a lady who was so scared of speaking before people, that she couldn't speak at all before an audience. However, before the course concluded, she was more talkative than any person who took the course.

I would highly recommend this course for any member of the Lord's church especially those in leadership positions (1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:4-9).

Did the course succeed in getting me out of my introvert shell? Indeed it did! I'm thankful that I had a father who cared enough about my future, to allow me to attend this good course. The Dale Carnegie Course is a great course for anyone who wants to improve their ability to better communicate with their fellowman.

And no, I am not receiving any compensation for the above recommendation.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets


Comments