The Beginning Of A New Day

The following words by an unknown author were on a plaque that my late grandmother had hanging on a wall in her home. The words should cause us to think about the importance of each day that God has granted us to live upon this earth.

"This is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use as I will.

I can waste it or use it for good,
but what I do today is important
because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever,
leaving in its place something that I have traded for it.

I want it to be gain and not loss; good and not evil;
success and not failure; in order that I shall not
regret the price I have paid for it." (source)

Dear reader, let us not waste any day that God has granted us here on earth. May we fully commit our lives to serving the Lord, helping our fellow man to gain that eternal home that our Lord has so lovingly prepared for us (John 14:1-3).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments