Looking At The "Bar Church" Article

Brother Weylan Deaver‘s “Bar Church” article is a sad commentary on how low some members of the Lord’s church will stoop in order to “entertain” the world’s immoral ideologies.

The Apostle Paul tells us:

And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Therefore come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord God Almighty” (2 Corinthians 6:16-18).

The key phrases in the above passages are: (1)come out“; (2)be separate“; (3)do not touch.”

It is crystal clear that as followers of Christ, we are not to be “of the world” (John 15:19). Perhaps members of the Lord’s church who are promoting such a thing as the “Bar Church” need to re-examine the above passages of Scripture.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Article:

Comments