Never Take Any Of God's Gifts For Granted!

For the past two weeks, both of my ears have been stopped up with ear wax that has accumulated over a period of five months. My ears are easily clogged with wax, simply because I have narrow ear canals. After making an ear doctor's appointment seven days ago, I finally got in to see the good doctor today. After examining me, he told me that my right ear was completely blocked with wax and my left ear was half blocked.

With a special instrument, the good doctor literally reamed the accumulated ear wax out of each ear, causing my hearing capability to return to normal, for which I was both thankful and grateful for his knowledge and expertise.

Many times, we take God's gift of our five senses for granted, until we lose (or almost lose) one of those senses. Personally, I've never met or been associated with a deaf individual, so I do not know or understand what they must go through every day to be able to effectively communicate with the world around them, but here is a video that will give us an idea.

Beloved, let us humbly thank the God of heaven each day for the precious gift of our five senses, never taking any of them for granted (James 1:17; cf. Exodus 4:10-12; Psalm 94:8-9).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments