Thank God For "System Restore!"

Yesterday evening, I was doing some research for one of my articles, when all of a sudden, my Chrome browser went awry, causing a scenario not unlike an episode of "The Twilight Zone." The colors on my browser changed from bright to light gray. I could not access my files correctly and had to submit a different password to access both web browser and this blog (I may have clicked on a corrupted link or downloaded a corrupted file of some kind).

Needless to say, it was a very nerve-wracking and frustrating experience.

Thankfully, all Windows operating system computers have a "System Restore" feature, which allows you to restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. After I employed that feature, all of my files, including my Chrome browser, were restored to their original operating capability.

For Christians, God has installed a "System Restore" feature, just in case we undergo an episode similar to the ones found in "The Twilight Zone" (1 John 2:1-2; 1 John 1:6-9). This feature is brought about by the blood of Christ.

Not only does His blood save us from our sins (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Revelation 1:5; Hebrews 9:13-14; 1 John 1:7), but also "restores" us to a right relationship with God (see #3) when we do sin and humbly ask forgiveness for that sin (note the words, "reconcile; "reconciling"; reconciliation" in Romans 5; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Ephesians 1:13-19; Colossians 1:17-22; cf. (Hebrews 8:8-13; Hebrews 10:5-17).

Beloved, thank God for "System Restore!"

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments