You'd Be Surprised What You Can Learn On A Morning's Walk!

While taking my morning walk a few weeks ago, I learned something by making the four following discoveries and observations:

1) Found one third of a torn dollar bill on the sidewalk. My first thought was, “Who would tear a one dollar bill, leaving one third of it on the sidewalk?” Obviously, someone who didn’t realize the value of a one dollar bill when added to other dollar bills. Folks, there is power in numbers.

2) Saw several desert grassland whiptail striped lizards (see video) moving at rapid speed, making sure that I wasn’t going to catch or harm them. They needn’t have worried about me catching them. Speed does have its advantages!

3) Saw an ant bed with several hundred ants coming in and out of their domain, going about gathering food stuff for the ant colony. We can learn a lot about life simply by observing this small God-created creature (Proverbs 6:6). They still highly fascinate me.

4) Saw a lost and abandoned Yorkshire Terrier by the name of “Lilly” (the name on her dog tags) walking on the sidewalk that I was walking on. The reason I believe she was abandoned, is that when I called the cell phone number listed on her dog tags, no one answered (and I couldn‘t leave a message because there was no voice mail available).

Additionally, the little dog’s hair was matted with much dirt, indicating that she hadn’t had a bath in quite some time. I looked up the telephone number in the White Pages and found the cell phone origin to be in Tucson, Arizona. I gave the above information to the folks at El Paso Animal Control. Hopefully, they will be able to locate both the pet and the owner. It is indeed sad when pet owners abandon their pets, leaving them to either starve to death or be run over by a vehicle on the roadway. Aren’t we glad God doesn’t abandon us? (Hebrews 13:5; cf. Genesis 28:15; Matthew 28:20).

Beloved, you’d be surprised what you can learn on a morning’s walk!

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments