Where Is God?

There’s a poem by an unknown author entitled, “Where God Ain’t.” It talks about a little boy coming home from Bible class, observing a caterpillar, a milk-weed pod, and a bird’s nest. When asked by a neighbor how his day had been, the boy related his observations. The neighbor tells him that if he can tell him where God is, he’ll give him a new dime. The little boy immediately responds by saying, “I’ll give you a dollar, Mister, If you’ll tell me where God ain’t.”

Simple observation told this young boy that God is everywhere. From our observation of the myriad of planets in our solar system, we can immediately see that God placed them in a prescribed and orderly orbit.

Equally impressive, is the snowflake. When placed under the microscope, we can see tiny geometric designs, each pointing to a Divine architect. We can look at our own bodies, look at the intricate design, and then exclaim as the Psalmist did:

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well” (Psalm 139:13-14 NIV).

Dr. E.A. Maness once stated, “If the word ‘God’ were written on every blowing leaf, embossed on every passing cloud, and engraved on every granite rock, the inductive evidence of God in the world would be no stronger than it is” (source).

Where is God? As the young boy observed at the beginning of this article, God is indeed everywhere (Psalm 139:7-12; Jeremiah 23:23-24).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Article:

Comments