Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross To Make It Possible For Members Of His Church To:
- Sleep in on Sunday and miss Bible study and worship.
- Stay at home when we have out of town guests.
- Attend sporting or social event during the week and regularly neglect Bible study and worship.
- Talk to people about politics and not about the value of their soul.
- Wear themselves out working all day and be too tired to attend Sunday and Wednesday night services.
- Pray with the church, but not by themselves in their home.
- To shop, bank, and recreate when “sick” but not attend Bible class and worship.
- Practically never miss work, even when ill; but allow a “small” headache or other ailment to prevent attendance at Bible study and worship.
- Read the paper or watch the news, but not open the Bible during the week.
- Use the phone to talk to neighbors and family, but never use it to invite them to activities of the church or to share the gospel.
- Lay aside money to spend on eating out, recreation and vacations; but throw leftovers into the collection plate on Sunday. — Author Unknown
—Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets