A Little Of The Golden Rule And Common Courtesy, Please!

After doing some banking this morning, I came out the side door of my bank to walk to my automobile. As I was walking down the steps of the bank building, I noticed a pickup with a flatbed trailer had parked in the rear of not only my car, but three other cars. The driver had thoughtlessly taken up four car spaces in order to park his vehicle and trailer.

While this gentleman was only in the bank approximately ten minutes before moving his pickup and flatbed trailer, I thought about the fact that if he had used a little of the Golden Rule (Matthew 7:12 NET) and a little common courtesy, he could have parked beside a small storage building not far from the bank's drive-up windows, and wouldn't have blocked anyone. He could have even stayed longer than the ten minutes he stayed.

My question was, what if some kind of an emergency had occurred during the ten minutes the above gentleman was parked? Not one of the four individuals whose car the above gentleman blocked could have left the parking lot.

Beloved, it would behoove us to stop and seriously think about the consequences that our actions might cause thinking of our fellowman before ourselves (Philippians 2:3-4; 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 NET).

A little of the Golden Rule and common courtesy, please!

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments