"Garbage In, Garbage Out"

The story is told of a teenage girl who one day walked into the kitchen and asked her mother, “Can I go to an adult movie with my friends tonight?” She pleaded by saying, “Their parents let them go, and if they can go, why can’t I go?”

Her mother was preparing a salad for the evening meal, and she said, “Yes, you can go,” Afterward, she took a handful of peelings and cuttings from the vegetables and threw them into the salad.

Her daughter said excitedly, “Mother, why did you do that?” She answered, “I thought if you didn’t care about garbage in your mind, you wouldn’t object to a little garbage in your stomach!”

As the teenage girl carefully picked the refuse out of the salad, she said, “I think I’ll tell my friends that I’ll stay home tonight.”

The Proverb writer tells us to: “Keep [guard] your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23).

The physical heart is the command post of human life, for out of it go the orders which the body carries out. The same holds true spiritually speaking. If the heart [mind] is right, the body will do right (Psalm 119:11; Ezra 7:10; 1 Corinthians 9:16-27).

This is exactly why we need to daily follow the instructions given in 2 Corinthians 10:5, where Paul tells us to keep ..... “Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

Remember, “garbage in, garbage out“.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments