Modest Fashion Is The Latest Vogue And Thank God For It!

This morning I was greatly refreshed to know that modest fashion is now the latest vogue and I'm thankful to God for it! It has renewed my faith in today's womankind, especially young women.

In this USA Today article by writer, Maria Puente, Ms. Puente writes about Charity Jewell, the CEO of Dainty Jewells, a Christian oriented website. Ms. Jewell emphasizes the fact that "dressing modestly is seen as bringing glory to God" and young women maintaining their purity for their future husbands.

Ms. Jewell's goal is this:

My goal is to introduce modest fashion to as many ladies as I can," she says. "Many people think of modesty as something frumpy or ugly, but Dainty Jewells has upset this stereotype. It's amazing how many people love modest fashions and don't even realize it."

Social media manager, Jocelyn Watt, emphasizes the practical aspect of modesty by stating:

"It’s a way to look your best and be self-confident," Watt says. "I don’t have to worry about anything showing because I know that I’m covered. I feel more comfortable and confident in who I am, knowing people are looking at me as a person, not because my skirt is too short."

Beloved, as the morals of women go, so go the morals of a nation. How we dress reflects our inward thinking. Ladies, instead of "letting it all hang out"..... let's use some decorum in our dress (1 Timothy 2:9-10; 1 Peter 3:1-4). God will be greatly glorified as a result (Matthew 5:16; Romans 15:5-6).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Articles:

Comments