The "6 - 8 - 10" Principles

As any Bible student knows, the Bible not only deals in “specifics” .... but in eternal principles as well. After this writer became a Christian, I realized that certain habits and practices in my life needed to be terminated. Through my "study" of God’s Word (2 Timothy 2:15), I knew they were wrong and did not honor the Lord (Colossians 3:17). Some other practices, however, were not so clear. I questioned, “were they wrong, or weren’t they?”

The Bible was specific about swearing (Ephesians 4:29; Colossians 3:8), stealing (Romans 2:21; Ephesians 4:28), and lying (Ephesians 4:25; Colossians 3:9) but what about those “doubtful” activities concerning which the Bible gives no clear or specific command (i.e., social drinking, smoking, gambling, dancing?).

See answers here.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments