The Biggest Gift That God Can Give

There is a list of folks I know all written in a book,
And every year at Christmas time, I go and take a look,
And that is when I realize that these names are a part,
Not of the book they’re written in, but of my very heart.

For each name starts with those that
Touched my life sometime,
And in that meeting, they’ve become the
“Rhythm of the Rhyme.”

I really feel I am composed of each remembered name,
And while you may not be aware of feeling quite the same,
My life is so much better than it was before you came.

For once that you have known someone, the years cannot erase,
The memory of a pleasant word, or of a friendly face.
So never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine,
Of names upon a list, forgotten in between,
For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you,
It is because you’re on that list of folks I’m indebted to.

And whether I’ve known you for many years or few,
In some way you have had a part in shaping things I do,
So every year when Christmas comes, I just realized anew,
The biggest gift that God can give is knowing folks like you. —Author Unknown

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments