We Are "One Blood" Americans!

As I read American Thinker writer, E.W. Jackson's article, I thought to myself that the points he makes about ceasing the use of politically correct hyphenated titles for different races and nationalities, were right on target!

As Mr. Jackson points out in the following common sense observations:

"It's been over five years since I used the phrase "African-American."  I have often said in speeches that "I am not an African-American.  I am an American."  Some black citizens interpret this as denial of my heritage, but it is not.  I am not ashamed that my ancestors came from Africa and were slaves.  However, they left Africa 300 to 400 years ago.  Slavery ended 150 years ago.  I was born an American citizen.  That is who I am, and I am grateful to God for it."

Similar to Mr. Jackson's above comments, my ancestors supposedly originated from Ireland, but I've never considered, nor have I ever desired, for people to call me by the title, "Irish-American." In fact, I've never been to Ireland, even though I would like to visit the country some day. So what should people call me? As Mr. Jackson has stated above, "I am an American." In fact, if my skin were polka-dot, I would still consider myself an American citizen, born in America, for which I am very grateful and thankful.

From his above article, I totally agree with Mr. Jackson's proposal:

"We need to stop categorizing each other by skin color and race.  I propose that from the 2017 Martin Luther King Day forward, there be no more hyphenated Americans.  Let us cease calling ourselves Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American, Irish-American, Italian-American, Jewish-American, Asian-American, or any other ethnic or national bifurcation.  We are Americans."

Mr. Jackson, not only are we Americans — we are "one blood" Americans! (Acts 17:24-26 MEV).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments