On The Other Side Of The Coin

As I read this Daily Mail article about a young woman winning a British lottery, and her misfortune of doing so, my eyes focused on the comment section and the following comments by Jeff Davis of Pontotoc, Texas:

"My grandfather had the best words on money I've ever heard. He had secretly become wealthy during his life. No one knew because he lived in the same modest house and drove the same middle class vehicles he always had, but after he retired he started setting up accounts for everyone and giving nice sums of money to everyone in the family every year. Turns out he had been shrewdly saving, investing in real estate and in the stock market his whole life. Once I asked him about money and things and he told me, "Money can't buy you your health, get your youth back, or buy happiness. All it does," he smiled and said, "is let you choose your own brand of misery."

Yes, Mr. Davis, the love of money can only "let you choose your own brand of misery" (1 Timothy 6:10; cf. Luke 12:13-15).

However, on the other side of the coin ..... (1 Timothy 6:17-19).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments