Killing Two Birds With One Stone

After reading about the alleged possibility of manufacturer Johnson and Johnson's baby powder causing cancer (see here), this writer decided to perform an experiment with the full bottle that I possessed.

Since I've been fascinated with ants since childhood, I decided to do away with the full bottle by sprinkling its contents on a red ant bed not far from my house and then disposing of the bottle in a trash bin. When I emptied the bottle onto the ant bed yesterday morning, there immediately arose a multiplicity of ants.

This morning, I checked the ant bed and found only three ants walking around on top of the bed (update: on 5-22 in the p.m., there is no sign of any ants) leading me to believe that the ants had ingested the powder into tiny holes in their sides called spiracles. The ants had literally suffocated themselves to death.

So, in my experiment, I killed two birds with one stone ..... (1) did away with the ants and (2) did away with my Johnson and Johnson's baby powder bottle.

Now if we could just do away with the coronavirus pandemic that easily.....

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

An Update: The area in which the ants made their bed has now been concreted over (9-3-20).

Comments