It Doesn't Take Long For Time To Travel

By knowing the fact that there are sixty seconds in a minute, we know there are 86,400 seconds in one day. According to this online measurement device, there are 604,800 seconds in one week. This means that in one year, 31,449,600 seconds have elapsed (see article).

When this writer arises in the morning around 7:00 a.m., eats breakfast, looks at news headlines and articles embedded under those headlines, it is usually around 9:00 a.m. If I write an article, it is usually 10:30 a.m. before it gets posted, and then I'm off for my morning walk. When I return, it's time to prepare and eat lunch. After doing some necessary chores around the house, it's then time for my afternoon walk (around 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.).

After my afternoon walk, it's time for a light supper. After looking at some more news events of the day and doing some Bible study, I sometimes listen to soothing music, or listen to biographies of famous people on YouTube. After taking a shower, it's time for some nighttime sleep, and the day is over ...... 86,400 seconds have elapsed.

The point to the above information and illustration, is that it doesn't take long for time to travel (see article), until all of a sudden, it's the end of another day. And if you really get involved in a project, time seems to go at an even faster rate than normal. My late grandmother was right, the older you get, the faster time seems to travel. In contrast, when you are young, it seems that time travels at about a snail's pace.

And since I'm in my latter years on earth (see article), it won't be too long before the travel of time will come to a dead end, and for me, eternity will begin.

The question is, will I be ready for that ending travel of time (see article) and the beginning of eternity? Beloved, will you be ready? (Matthew 24:42-44; Luke 12:36-40; cf. 2 Timothy 4:6-8).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets




Comments