"The Early Bird Gets The Worm" (And Other Things)

The above entitled idiom means that hard work coupled with preparation will result in success. As an example, early yesterday morning (15 minutes prior to 8:00 a.m.), this writer was standing at the entrance to a local beauty salon, where the women stylists cut men's hair. The salon is very busy during the morning hours, so I wanted to make certain that I didn't have to wait very long.

Since I was the first patron there, my hair got cut first, which allowed me to pursue other priorities and goals that I had set to accomplish during the day.  This morning, I arrived fifteen minutes before my automotive repair shop began its business day (7:30 a.m.), in order to get my vehicle inspected, pay the inspection fee, and pay and send off my vehicle registration fee, with the goal of receiving my yearly vehicle registration sticker to place on my windshield.

In both of the above examples, hard work coupled with preparation, resulted in two successful days. We can also look at the example that the common chicken provides us regarding productivity (see here and here).

Beloved, no question about it, "the early bird gets the worm" (and other things).

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments