Technology That Doesn't Work

While visiting my local Chase Bank this morning, I attempted to withdraw forty dollars from my checking account via an inside ATM machine (all tellers were busy with other customers). The machine provided me with a receipt which stated:

"Transaction denied. Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Then down below the above statements, was this statement: "Banking at Chase has never been so convenient."

Really?

Note the above key words being "inconvenience" versus "convenient." My question is, How can banking at Chase Bank be so "convenient" when the Chase Bank inside ATM machine is unable to process my transaction, which is "inconvenient" (for me the customer)?

Beloved, just some more technology that doesn't work (and usually because of "technical difficulties" -- this has happened twice). This writer's question is, whatever happened to "customer service" where a live human being could interact face-to-face with a customer if he had any problems? (see herehere and here). After waiting for a period of time, I finally located a live human bank employee to help me with my forty dollar withdrawal.

I also noted in the news that because of the "digital age" we are loosing these stores in 2020. Folks, we are now presently living in an artificial environment where man can only interact with a non-thinking machine. And with the advent of The Internet of Things and the upcoming 5G Network, our environment will become even more artificial (see here).

My reaction to all of the above: Lord, come quickly! (Revelation 22:20).

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments