"Why Do You Have To Be Right All Of The Time?"

Several weeks ago, when my stepson and I were disagreeing over what he needed to do in order to find a part time job to supplement his income, he asked me the following above titled question: "Why do you have to be right all of the time?"

The following was my response: "Because God is right all of the time (Daniel 9:13-14) .... and if I'm following God, I'll be right all of the time."

The Apostle Paul once stated to the Corinthian brethren in 1 Corinthians 11:1, "Imitate me as I also imitate Christ."

If we imitate Christ in our everyday lives and living, we will be "practicing righteousness .... as He is righteous" (1 John 3:7) .... thus we will be "right" (or righteous) all of the time in our practice.

Thus I humbly (1 Peter 5:5-6) made the following request of my stepson regarding the above passages of Scripture: "Think about what we have discussed in light of the above passages and see if if the passages I have presented to you are right" (Acts 17:11).

One last question I asked was, "Why would you want to be wrong all of the time?"

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Article:

Comments