What Are You Going To Do After Retirement? Stay Out Of Trouble!

Before I formally resigned my substitute position with our local school district at the end of March, I was asked by several people what I was going to do after my retirement. I corrected them by saying that I was not going to retire, but to simply resign, as I did not have enough accumulative years to retire.

As far as what I was going to do after my resignation from the school district, I told them that I was simply going to "stay out of trouble" by continuing to write articles for this blog, teaching my Sunday morning Bible class, visiting with Christian friends, and meeting new people, which I have done, and will continue to do.

Staying out of trouble, for some people, is an extremely difficult thing to do (see here, here, and here). One of the pitfalls of living in our troublesome world, is that we can become problem-centered, rather than God-centered. The problems come about, when we have too much time on our hands and not enough set goals to keep our mind occupied (here are ten ways to get more out of life).

Beloved, we can successfully stay out of trouble, when we (1) allow the Lord to direct our paths, rather than ourselves alone (Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 10:23), and (2) stay away from even the "appearance of evil" (1 Thessalonians 5:22 KJV) and evil companionships.

P.S. One other thing this writer plans to do is to keep my life simple (following the KISS principle).

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Articles: here

Comments