A Maxim That Still Holds True Today

As I read this Politico article regarding the Medicaid chief's consulting expenses, I thought, WOW! The underlying expenses created by the top bureaucrat (which happens to be a woman) are enormous.

It makes this writer think that I should have become a political consultant (note the word consultant (or its derivative) is mentioned thirty-two times in the above article). It pays so much better than a regular job (see here).

And we wonder why our society is going to hell, financially speaking.

But when the money runs out (and it will - see US Debt Clock chart and note the amount in US Unfunded Liabilities section at the bottom right-hand side of the chart), all of this unnecessary spending and waste will come to an immediate halt.

Unfunded liabilities are debt obligations that do not have sufficient funds set aside to pay the debt (see article).

My late grandmother taught me the following maxim when I was just a small child: "Waste not, Want not."

Beloved, believe it or not, that maxim is still holds true today.

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments