While surveying some online articles this evening, I ran across this article, along with slides, that describe 15 qualities that every woman wants in a husband (I have added applicable links):
- A man who treats everyone with kindness - from janitor to CEO, is swoon worthy.
- That man who remembers the things that matter to you - or the things that make you smile or cry.
- A man who listens. A man who hears what you have to say, even if he doesn't always agree with you.
- A man who allows himself to be vulnerable. When a man shows himself to us, we are in awe.
- The strong man is still appreciated. When you can be there for us when we crumble, that's a man we will marry.
- Does he reach out for your hand or the small of your back or waist? An affectionate but not pushy man will always get us.
- Be our cheerleader. A man who pushes us to go the extra mile, is a partner for life.
- A man with a sharp tongue is not marriage worthy. but a man who selects his words carefully with us, is.
- If he finds you gorgeous and genuinely tells you this without fluff, he might be the one to snatch forever.
- A man who can provide and is good with a dollar, is a mate we want to share our lives with.
- He says sorry. A man with husband potential knows when he is wrong - and says it.
- And when we fail, someone who can forgive us and accept our apologies....a real classy man.
- If he isn't possessive, his trust in you makes him one to say, "I do" to.
- If he speaks out for you and stands by you, even while you are on shaky legs. That's a husband.
- Independent and self-aware, we like a man who has a life of interests and a direction of his own.
—Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets