The Lagger

According to this online dictionary, a lagger is "someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind" (see here) This is an individual not unlike someone who displays a lack of punctuality or one who has a tendency toward complacency.

The following is an example of such an individual:

After driving out of a grocery store parking lot this morning, I had to make a U-turn in order to get back on the street which would have taken me to my home. Almost every time that I've had to make this U-turn, there has seemingly always been a lagger in a vehicle, lagging behind the normal flow of traffic, causing me to have to wait to make a U-turn, because of a traffic light that changes from green to red.

If this individual had not been a lagger, he would have been traveling with the normal traffic flow, and I would have quickly and safely been able to have made a U-turn on the roadway leading to my home without having to stop at a red light. All this individual would needed to have done, was to simply observe that I was attempting to make a U-turn and then speed up, getting in the normal traffic flow, allowing me to quickly and safely make my U-turn.

Beloved, a little common sense and courtesy goes a long way ..... even on the roadway.

Let's not possess the selfish character trait of a lagger.

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Articles:

Comments