Responsible Versus Irresponsible People

While walking up the concrete incline that I use to strengthen my endurance and leg muscles this morning, I noticed two perpendicular empty 32 ounce Busch glass beer bottles that some irresponsible individual had left on the incline.

Being a responsible person, one might ask why I didn't pick up those bottles and carry them to the nearest trash container on my return walk home.

The following are three reasons why I didn't pick up the bottles:

1) If a policeman in a police car had seen me carrying two 32 ounce Busch glass beer bottles in my hand on the way to a trash container, what do you suppose they would have thought, and what would they have done? (you already know the answer).

2) If I had picked the bottles up and placed them in a trash container, police would then have been provided with a ready-made set of fingerprints of who those bottles once belonged to (and it wouldn't have been me).

3) This writer is not going to be responsible for the actions of irresponsible people who seemingly don't care about leaving empty beer bottles (or any other kind of trash) on a public walkway. Life is just too short and at seventy-four years young, I'm too old for that (see here).

Oh, by the way. Did you know that the consumption of alcohol causes responsible people (as well as animals) to suddenly become irresponsible? (see here).

Let's seriously think about the above thoughts, and then commit to being sober minded in every sense of the term.

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Article:

Comments